tisdag 24 februari 2015

semrinar 2 dnotes martn niölsson

So we're learning a lot about prototyping and why prototyping is a good time. The course literature brings up two variants: high  and low fidelity. (Brought into the 2nd dimension with horizontal vs vertical prototyping.) Obviously for us right now the lower version is more relevant, but maybe later on we'll have to crank the fidelity, which is probably more fun. In a mid-to-low-sized group setting I feel like it's really easy for someone to get bogged down in overly-detailed sketches that are in a sense nothing but an early draft. I've probably never prototyped in my life, though, so who knows.

Then there's the DECIDE framework to tackle. Seems a little on the common sense side (I'd like to think I'd know to Explore the questions before Choosing the methods) but I do see the usefulness in having this static structure to lean on so as to relieve some of the stress of inexperience.

Last but not least, there's chapter 14, aka A Lot of Information About Evaluation Studies. A few terms are introduced, or more accurately, defined within the context of design, such as usability testing vs experiments vs field studies. The information here is solid, perhaps more so relative to the other chapters, but I think harder to really reflect on. The information is solid, though. Definitely a useful chapter to have if you're gonna evaluate. (Which you practically always are, I assume.)

As for the question: The whole high/low fidelity thing seems a bit of an arbitrary categorization, because I get the impression fidelity is, at least in theory, a gradual scale. Does the high--low division imply it's useless to prototype more than twice or is it just handy shorthand?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar