måndag 9 mars 2015

Think Aloud - Artem

I performed the experiment on an old lady. I introduced her to the setting, i.e. a museum, and that this is an app installed on her smartphone, and that she should tell me everything she thinks about.

In the beginning, there were some difficulties to understand what to do, partly due to the fact that it was in English. I told her to navigate to the help page, she was able to interpret the instructions and navigate back to the main page.

It was confusing to get the point of the main screen that said “scan an IR code”. She tried to click on the text but it did not work. I guided her to press on the QR scan button, and then I told her that this is actually available at every exhibit (a code). She pressed on the code and got to the page with the rocket exhibit. Later she pressed on the aircraft exhibit and then I told her to try to go the home page. Everything worked out perfectly.

She was able to change the language (although I had to explain that it isn't supposed to work). Later, I told her to take a Quiz and as a result, she was quite happy since she got all questions right! She tried the "treasure hunt", but again, I had to explain the way it works since it is currently just an idea.


In the end I asked her to give me some quick feedback and tell me about her user experience. She said that this is not difficult to understand, but it [interface] requires some time to get used to. If it would be in her mother tongue, it would be easier according to her.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar